Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
When individuals fall out in business it can have devastating consequences for the company, partnership or LLP. Our Dispute Resolution team is experienced in resolving business disputes quickly and effectively. We recognise that such disputes can be particularly fraught and stressful and we have the expertise to provide a bespoke service in times of crisis.
We combine advice about our clients’ legal rights and obligations, with strategic expertise, which is critical in any dispute. We will advise when and how to litigate or on alternative means of dispute resolution where appropriate, including arbitration, mediation and round table settlement discussions.
We have acted for shareholders, members, directors and companies experience in a range of disputes.
Should you find yourself involved in any of the following issues we would advise that you seek legal assistance:
- Unfair prejudice petitions for or against minority shareholders
- Breaches of shareholder agreements
- The bringing or defending derivative actions
- Shareholders seeking to enforce their rights to purchase or sell shares under sale and purchase agreements
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims for and against directors, partners and LLP members
- Fraud related disputes for and against directors, partners and LLP members
- Director misfeasance claims
- Issues arising out of the dissolution and termination of partnerships, including related partnership disputes about property and profit entitlements
We recognise that our commercial clients are concerned about the financial consequences of being involved in a dispute. We therefore provide clear costs advice and help our clients evaluate the commercial benefit of litigation against settlement at all stages of a dispute to enable them to make informed decisions for the good of their business interests.
To discuss any shareholder or partnership issues please contact a member of our team on 01204 377 600. Alternatively you can send an email with your name, contact information and brief details as to the nature of your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will be able to help you.